RW
Posted By
Ryan Wittenburg
Sep 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all, im using Photoshop 7.0 with image ready.

Problem is, the other day, in the color pickers, I click on custom. I was curious, so I changed it to a custom color (DIC Color guide). Now I can’t get it back to the default, normal, color picker.

I’ve tried changing the custom colors to every single different one in the drop down box. And I’ve reinstalled (deleting the left over registry keys manually) photoshop twice. I can’t get back to the default color picker, PLEASE HELP!!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 6, 2003
Click on the foreground swatch to display the color picker dialog, then click the button that says "picker".
P
Phosphor
Sep 6, 2003
This is so obvious, if it was a cobra, you’d be dead by now. Please don’t smack yourself in the forehead so forcefully that I’ll be able to hear it all the way over here in Pennsylvania.

In the ColorPicker dialogue box, look over at the right side.

There are 3 buttons:
• OK
• Cancel
• Picker

This 3rd one takes you back to the standard color picker. Notice, when you get back to the Standard Color Picker, that 3rd button changes to "Custom". That 3rd button toggles the type of color picker back and forth.
RW
Ryan Wittenburg
Sep 6, 2003
Yes I understand that. I know how to get back to the picker. The problem is, the picker colours are all weird colors. I can’t get the default RGB colors back in the color picker. They are all weird colors like yellow and purple.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
P
Phosphor
Sep 6, 2003
Sounds like you may have some monitor profile issues to deal with. You’ll need to go to The F.A.Q. section of this forum <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee747eb>. Bookmark it so you can return later to look up answers. Then, read up on using the Adobe Gamma control panel to create a new profile for your monitor:
Chris Cox "Color doesn’t look right in Photoshop or after rebooting computer." 6/5/02 4:33pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/1>
RW
Ryan Wittenburg
Sep 6, 2003
Yes I understand that. I know how to get back to the picker. The problem is, the picker colours are all weird colors. I can’t get the default RGB colors back in the color picker. They are all weird colors like yellow and purple.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
RW
Ryan Wittenburg
Sep 6, 2003
Oops, sorry about that. (Weird forums)

Anywho, no, I already set up the gamma settings in the wizard using a tutorial. But I know that’s not the program. It’s just that it’s stuck on a bunch of weird colors.

What is the default custom colors from the drop down box in custom?

Infact, I have a screenshot for you.

<http://babyspage.com/cantgetcolor.png>

Maybe that will help you understand my problem better.
P
Phosphor
Sep 6, 2003
"Anywho, no, I already set up the gamma settings in the wizard using a tutorial."

Do it again. And don’ty try to fix an old profile, create a new one. Don’t forget to give it a name like: "Mynewprofile"
RW
Ryan Wittenburg
Sep 6, 2003
Ok… I did a new one, and it’s still the same. (Told ya it wasn’t that)
P
Phosphor
Sep 6, 2003
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 6, 2003
Hold on.

The issue is that you have the radio button for RED toggled. Toggle the HUE radio button and you’ll get what you’re used to.
RW
Ryan Wittenburg
Sep 6, 2003
YrbkMgr, thank you very much. That solved my problem. I am such an idiot. So obvious, and I was getting so frustrated. I’ve been using Photoshop for 3 years, and I cannot beileve I over looked that little radio button. Thanks again.
P
Phosphor
Sep 6, 2003
Good catch, Tony.
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 6, 2003
I play with that all the time, that’s why I noticed it.

Glad you got it sorted.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections