J
Posted By
JoeFrancis
Jun 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For some reason all of the white/grey colors on my color palette have a reddish tint to them. When I view it in other programs the color is fine. I know it’s not my monitor considering the white is working everywhere else…Any idea how to fix this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 7, 2004
Joe,

Elements is probably the only program you are using that is colour managed so it sounds likely that it is your monitor that need calibrating.

Let us know which system you are using and we should be able to give you some suggestions on how to deal with it.

Wendy
BG
Byron Gale
Jun 7, 2004
Joe,

I concur with Wendy. In addition, after you have calibrated with Adobe Gamma, you may find it necessary (as did I) to install and run the IgnoreEXIF utility. It is available for download from Adobe. This allows Elements to ignore an incorrectly-specified color space which some digicams embed.

Byron
J
JoeFrancis
Jun 8, 2004
When you say which System I’m using I’m guessing you mean operating system? I’m using Windows XP with a Compaq Computer Monitor FS740…Any ideas? Appreciate the help thus far!
NS
Nancy_S
Jun 8, 2004
Joe,

Run the Adobe Gamma utility which should be in your Control Panel. If your monitor came with an icc profile you can use it to begin building your custom monitor profile in the Gamma utililty.

Also, do a search on this forum for "calibration".

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections