LF
Posted By
Lynda_Farabee
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
AHA! Did it again. I had just downloaded new app, repaired permissions, run Disk Warrior, repaired permission AGAIN and started PS Elements 2. Here’s the message:

An error occurred while attempting to download a file from Adobe Online Web server. Request was not understood by server. HttP #400 Bad Request
18:400 and the "okay" button.

Clicked "okay" and everything was frozen…splash screen was there, a grayed out "downloading file one of two, etc." ….still frozen…force quit.

Suggestions?

Apple eMac, 800 MHz G4, 768 MB, OS 10.3.9

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 26, 2005
Lynda,

Go to Edit > Preferences > Adobe Online… and change the "Check for updates" option to NEVER.

This is a relatively common affliction, and there haven’t ever been any updates.

Byron
LF
Lynda_Farabee
Apr 26, 2005
Oh My gosh! How simple! I was concerned about ever getting to the point where I could change the preferences, but finally was able to get past that #$%# point. Thanks ever so much Byron! You are a jewel! -L
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2005
Byron,

On a Mac it’s Photoshop Elements / Preferences.

The Edit / Preferences is for Windows only.

Ray
LF
Lynda_Farabee
Apr 26, 2005
Luckily I didn’t realize it was the "windows" path. I knew where the "prefs" on the mac were. Thanks. Raymond. -L
BG
Byron Gale
Apr 26, 2005
"Raymond Robillard" wrote in message
On a Mac it’s Photoshop Elements / Preferences.

Ray,

Thanks for the true-up!!

Byron
BG
Byron Gale
Apr 26, 2005
Lynda,

Glad to know you’re past that snag!!

Byron
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2005
That wasn’t meant as nothing more than to maker sure the OP would not be looking under Edit / Preferences (which I did a few times when I switched from Windows to Mac). Nothing else intended 🙂

Ray
BG
Byron Gale
Apr 26, 2005
"Raymond Robillard" wrote
That wasn’t meant as nothing more than to maker sure the OP would not be
looking under Edit / Preferences (which I did a few times when I switched from Windows to Mac).

That’s exactly how I saw it, Ray…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections