Dec 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Mac OSX 10.5
1GB RAM
PREintel iMac G5

I did a complete uninstall manually. Although it required activation that was successful it crashes 8 to 10 seconds after all the toolbars show up.

Install is an upgrade download that requires me to input the ser.# of my Photoshop 6, which I cannot install in OSX. Installation was successful using the serial number of Photoshop 6.

Thanks,
Coyote

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Dec 30, 2008
Consider reverting to Tiger 10.4.11.
TC
The_Coyote
Dec 30, 2008
Reverting to Tiger would eliminate many upgrades and improvements I’ve made.

I should probably upgrade Photoshop, but I can’t afford it and it was working just fine.

I got a complete install, registration, and authentification. It loads up, I can look at the tool bars and the mouse goes to a pointer for a few seconds, then the color wheel spins and it crashes, without touching or moving anything.

I’m looking into plugins and twains causing the problem.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 30, 2008
Did you ever try to simply trash the Adobe Photoshop Settings Folder and the com.adobe.Photoshop.plist file from your users preferences and repair your permissions?
TC
The_Coyote
Dec 30, 2008
In the other post-thread about my "CS2 Crashes when Launched" someone sent me a link to a blog with a copy of the Adobe instructions on manually uninstalling CS2.

I followed those instructions and that did cure my Adobe Acrobat problem.

PROBLEM SOLVED: I had installed a Lexmark printer a week ago and the Lexmark driver was the problem. I found it in the Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources/**lexmark driver

Just to verify I put it back into the folder from the trash and photoshop crashed again.

CLUE: The tool bars and menu fully loaded up. It took 3 to 11 seconds to crash each time.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Coyote

<http://www.HippyCoyote.com>
B
Buko
Dec 31, 2008
CS2 is not supported under Leopard.

So if you want a stable CS2 run it in Tiger.

If you feel you must have Bells and Whistles then by all means keep using Leopard.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections