EF
Posted By
Erland_Flaten
Nov 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the same problem and I fired the TWAIN plugin. Then it started. I even renstalled photoshop from CD, but the bug still was there. If a scanner driver is bad I think it is som epsonscannerdriver I installed here the other day to use a scanner once. I deleted the two epson items in the applicationfolder after use. BUt I guess some problems where left

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LB
Lionel_Biron
Nov 29, 2006
I have the exact same problem as explained by Erland Flaten. I installed the drivers for Epson CX5000 and now have bombs on Photoshop 8 and 9 which I both use. I reinstalled Cs & CS2 from disk followed by downloaded updates for CS2 (but where are the updates for CS version 8? Couldn’t find them.) Please someone: what must be trashed. I already dumped the CS Prefs to no avail. I suspect it has to do with files related to those Epson drivers.
LB
Lionel_Biron
Nov 29, 2006
PROBLEM SOLVED:

I just did a search on ‘EPSON’ and trashed everthing that came up. Now, both Photoshop CS and CS2 opens properly. No question it’s a problem with EPSON’s Epson Stylus’ CX5000 Series Software CPD-21813R1 Disk, Vol 1.1AF Made in Thailand.

Hope someone contacts EPSON about this!
TM
Tim_McBrayer
Nov 30, 2006
I’m having the same problem but I have not installed Epson drivers since I bought a new scanner, the 3950 more than a year ago. The problems only started recently. If I disable the TWAIN folder then how am I supposed to use my Epson scanner? I’m also experiencing the same problem with anything that searches for a TWAIN file, such as Canvas and Photoshop Elements 4.0.
B
Buko
Nov 30, 2006
Scan as a stand alone using the Epson software or VueScan.

Have the scans open in Photoshop when they are saved
TM
Tim_McBrayer
Nov 30, 2006
Everything works OK when I put the ~ character in front of "Twain Resources" as directed in ann earlier post. And I am using VueScan normally anyway. Have been since 2000 or so. Great little program with lots of updates. But that doesn’t solve the problem of not being able to scan from within my other programs. It should work. How would you suggest fixing the root problem? And I still don’t understand how it just now cropped up.
R
Ram
Nov 30, 2006
Tim,

I put the ~ character in front of "Twain Resources"

What do you mean by "Twain Resources"?

The suggestion was to type a tilde (~) in front of the Photoshop "TWAIN.plugin."

You find it in ./Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2/Plug-Ins/ Import/Export/TWAIN.plug-in.

That will not affect your ability to use your scanner anywhere outside of Photoshop.

How would you suggest fixing the root problem?

Ask Epson to fix their poorly written scanner driver.
TC
The_Coyote
Dec 30, 2008
Before I detail all that info I just noticed some information about "ACTIVATION." My hard drive was recently replaced by Apple service and perhaps when I reinstalled the software it had a 30 day timebomb?

The instructions say to "TRANSFER ACTIVATION" using the Help Menu of the application, but I can’t get the application to launch.

If someone has info, I’d appreciate it. I’m going to research and come back in a minute.

Coyote
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 30, 2008
The_,

Hard drives get replaced. You should be able to do a new clean installation from the original media or download, and enter your serial number. Or contact Adobe customer service. If you registered your software, they should be able to get you up and going quickly.

Neil
TC
The_Coyote
Dec 30, 2008
Unfortunately, they refused to help me. My CS2 is two versions down the Photoshop ladder so they told me that phone support was no longer available to me. He, who was very friendly, advised me to use the forums to solve my problem.

It appears it is something that may be related to a product I have a warranty on. My Adobe Acrobat 8 has a continuous problem on launch, "…updater won’t load…"

I’ve tried reinstalling the CS2 several times and it installs fine until the final "shared packages" or "additional packages" installation. I think it is the corropted updater that is messing things up.

I’ll call service again.
TC
The_Coyote
Dec 30, 2008
iMac G5 using 10.5.6
Photoshop CS2 won’t launch OR REINSTALL during "shared packages" at end of installation. Adobe Acrobat always has a bouncing icon stating the "Adobe Updater Wont Load…" when Acrobat is used.

I will try to reinstall the Adobe Acrobat 8. I’d noticed some things in the DISK UTILITY that could not be repaired, and they were:

System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpLoad" has been modified and will not be repaired.

also:
System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.frmework/Versions/A /Resources/runner " has been modified and will not be repaired.

also:
usr/bin/setregion" has been modified and willl not be repaired.

also:
System/Library/Printers/IOMs/LPRIOM.plugin/Contens/MocOS/LPR IOMHelper " has been modified and will not be repaired.
R
Ram
Dec 30, 2008
using 10.5.6

CS2 is not supported under Leopard. Time to upgrade.
NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 30, 2008
CS2 was engineered well in advance of Intel chips and Mac OS X 10.5.x. So…

Neil
TC
The_Coyote
Dec 30, 2008
I’ve got the last of the PREintel iMacs.

Photoshop was working fine until a week ago.

It seems I have several problems in reinstalling:
1 My previous version was Photoshop 6
I can’t install Photoshop 6 in OSX
2. I tried placing a copy of the Photoshop 6 application on the computer, but it either did not recognize it because it isn’t installed, or I didn’t label the folder containing it properly, if that could make a difference.

3. I used the Photoshops 6 serial number in the installer when It couldn’t find it and installing presumed normally.

4. It still just stuck about halfway in the "Shared Packages" install window.

5. INSTALLATION HAD ERRORS: Install Failed! The following install step failed: run postflight script for Adobe Photoshop CS2. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

6. So what does this mean?

Thanks,
Coyote
TC
The_Coyote
Dec 30, 2008
I downloaded a new updater for CS2 but couldn’t get it to load the "Shared Packages" again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Adobe Acrobat 8 but it still did not install the updater correctly. When I uninstalled it, I noticed that many of the Help files were "missing."

Thanks,
Coyote
R
Ram
Dec 30, 2008
Nobody reads post #4.
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 30, 2008
When you say "uninstalled" – how did you do it? If you only dragged it to the Trash (and presumably emptied that) it is not enough. To get rid of an old CS2 installation in it’s entirety, you need to go through, manually a whole lot of folders all over the place. I remember there being an instruction for how to do that somewhere in the adobe.com support-pages.
Googling found this link:
<http://bui4ever.com/2006/06/uninstalling_adobe_cs2/> and
< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=33 1301&sliceId=1>

Follow to the letter to get a real uninstallation. Only after that is done, trash emptied and machine restarted, try re-installing.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 30, 2008
You may have to do an archival reinstall of your system.
TC
The_Coyote
Dec 30, 2008
Yes, I did do the ARCHIVE and REINSTALL. My permissions are okay but my problems still persist. I will do what Nini suggested and remove all those folders, then reinstall again, both of my programs.
TC
The_Coyote
Dec 30, 2008
Thanks everyone.

I did fix my Acrobat 8 problems by manually removing all the files per link in previous post-reply.

This still didn’t fix my UPDATER PROBLEM, but by the time I completed the three Acrobat 8 upgrades–the problem got fixed.

I will start a new post on the Adobe Photoshop because that is still not opening after launching despite the manual uninstall and successful activation.

SEE NEW POST: CS2 Crashes on Launch After Activation

Thanks,
Coyote
R
Ram
Dec 30, 2008
Consider reverting to Tiger 10.4.11.
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 30, 2008
Did you remember to restart the machine after activation? before trying to update?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections