T
Posted By
tatrader
Feb 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like a suggestion(s) on how to best handle this in PSE3. I have a digital photo of a sunset over the ocean. Sky is high contrast; ocean is relatively low contract and dark. I desire to use an RGB seperation power tool (add-on with Hidden Power of PSE 3 book by Richard Lynch) to adjust color/contrast on the sky and ocean portions separately. However, this tool only works on a single flattened image. Do I have to split the file with the photo into 2 separate files: sea and sky, adjust each separately, and then recombine into one image? Is there an easier way?

Also, for the separation I have tried the polygonal lasso along the sea/sky boundary and selected the sea; then copied it into a new blank layer. However, when I come back to the background after the paste, the selection area is now gone. I would like for it to remain on (active on the background) so I can do an inverse selection and get an exact match of the other section (sky) to put into still another blank layer. If I have to do the selection over again, I find I do not get the exact same points and the border between sea and sky do not match as well as I would like.

Charles

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections