Posted By
John_B._Jones
Jan 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys
Well, as you might suggest from the title, i would like to convert a photo to gray scale but at the same time to remain a color in a specific part of it, let’s say a flower. How can i do this?
Thanks!!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Jan 1, 2009
Mask the flower, invert the mask, apply a Black and white adjustment layer and tweak.
JB
John_B._Jones
Jan 1, 2009
Thanks John for your responce. I’m new to photoshop and i’m a bit confused. If you have the time can you tell me please step by step the procedure? How i can mask a part of the photo and the rest of it that you describe?
Thanks
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 1, 2009
You must make a selection around the item tat is to remain coloured. Look up selections in Help. It is impossible to say which method is best without seeing the picture. You could always post it on Pixentral.com and copy the code into your reply here.
JB
John_B._Jones
Jan 2, 2009
Ok! It’s starting to clear!!!
Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections