Posted By
Taway
Jul 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m trying to create an action that adds a watermark in the top left corner of an image. The problem is that CS3 records the "Place" (File->Place) coordinates relative to the center, rather than the top left. This, of course, breaks my action down for any image with a different size than the one for which the action was recorded.

Same goes for Free Transform: even though the actual placement is done based on the top left corner of the image (hence +5px, +5px places my image correctly), it is actually recorded as something like -1 inches, -0.9 inches).

Any advice on how to get around this would be very much appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JH
Jerry_Hoffmann
Jul 18, 2007
Don’t have CS3 but in CS2 you can:

Copy and paste the watermark into a new layer of the main image. On the watermark layer, select all, go to Layers/Align Layers to Selection/Top Edges. Then select Layers/Align Layers to Selection/Left Edges. This should put your watermark in the top left of your image. Haven’t tried it in an action though.

jerry
T
Taway
Jul 19, 2007
Thanks Jerry – that worked a treat; also, since the transform selection gets saved relative to the corner, you can shift the selection by a few pixels to shift the watermark a few pixels off of the corner edges.
JH
Jerry_Hoffmann
Jul 20, 2007
Glad to be of help.
I am also researching watermarking, visual as well as digital, for my companies 700,000 plus images that are public on the web, in 3 sizes.

jerry
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 20, 2007
This tutorial on watermarking might be of interest too:

<http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/BrandingSM.mov>

There is a sample action at:

< http://www.russellbrown.com/images/tips_downloads/Watermark_ Action.atn.zip>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections