transferring saved actions to another machine..

M
Posted By
maya
Sep 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi,

I started a new job recently, I would like to transfer all actions I have in my Actions Palette to my machine at work (Windows machines in both cases, at home W2000, at work XP..) every time I have tried this it hasn’t worked.. there is a file called Actions Palette.psp in C:\…\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings, but copying this file to another machine does noting as it’s just a shortcut.. can’t find any other Actions-related file(s) in my C-drive…. where ARE PS-actions stored in a windows machine? (PS version is CS 8.0..)

thank you very much..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Bill Hilton
Sep 24, 2006
maya wrote:
hi,

I started a new job recently, I would like to transfer all actions I have in my Actions Palette to my machine at work (Windows machines in both cases, at home W2000, at work XP..) every time I have tried this it hasn’t worked.. there is a file called Actions Palette.psp in C:\…\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings, but copying this file to another machine does noting as it’s just a shortcut.. can’t find any other Actions-related file(s) in my C-drive…. where ARE PS-actions stored in a windows machine? (PS version is CS 8.0..)

thank you very much..

Maybe there are easier ways but this works for me …. put the action(s) in a folder (or multiple folders … this method works on folders, not individual actions), select the folder in the Action palette and click the fly-out icon and select Save Actions, which lets you write an .atn file in any folder you choose … copy this .atn file as needed … then on the new machine you are moving to just do Load Actions and select this .atn file.

Bill
BH
Bill Hilton
Sep 24, 2006
Bill Hilton wrote:

Maybe there are easier ways but this works for me …. put the action(s) in a folder

To make this more clear, by ‘folder’ I meant a ‘set’ under the action palette …
M
maya
Sep 27, 2006
Bill Hilton wrote:
Bill Hilton wrote:

Maybe there are easier ways but this works for me …. put the action(s) in a folder

ok, will try this tonight at home.. thank you very much for your help..
K
KatWoman
Sep 29, 2006
"maya" wrote in message
Bill Hilton wrote:
Bill Hilton wrote:

ok, will try this tonight at home.. thank you very much for your help..

right click shortcut icon>properties>find target>
presets folder
Photoshop actions (folder)
open and copy actions paste them in the same place in the other machine

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections