Hans_Loepfe
Jul 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This msg has been posted in the scripts forum as well:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbf2765.3bc473be>

My intention is to have only the lowest and the highest values for the combined RGB channels (RGB composite) adjusted by a script.

Description:
Like many I’ve got a bunch of digital images I need to edit. Often images have somewhat a greyish ‘veil’. This can easily be corrected in Photoshop using the levels adjustments manually.
With 1000’s of images this can become rather cumbersome, so I am looking for a script that would do that.
Photoshop provides the ‘auto’-Levels function that can easily be inserted into an ‘action’ that runs over the selected files.

But the ‘Auto’-function applies adjustments to all values for each RGB channel separately resulting in a change of the ‘greypoint’
This is NOT pursued.

Below please find detailed description:

Photoshop Script for adjusting the combined RGB levels in a given file (TIF or PSD)

Goal:

Creating a script that is able to read the current RGB Input Levels (0 – 255) and write newly calculated values into the corresponding Input Levels.

The ‘Auto’-function applies the adjustment of all these values for each RGB channel separately resulting in a change of the ‘greypoint’

This is NOT pursued.

Only the 2 values for the combined RGB channels shall be adjusted by the script.

Script / Action Details:

1.Open a TIF or PSD File
2.Insert a new adjustment layer for levels
3.In levels, find the lowest value Vx (left) and the highest value Vy (right) form a given image
4.add a user defined value (for example 2) to the value left (Vx +2)
5.subtract the same user defined value from the value right (Vy-2).
6.write the newly calculated values into the corresponding fields of Input Levels.
7.ok
8.select the background level
9.save file
10.close file

I am certain this is possible by means of a script or something and hope you might have a solution for that.

I am looking forward to receiving your feedback, suggestions or even the solution itself. With kind regards,
Hans Loepfe

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TG
Tom Glowka
Jul 17, 2007

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections