AB
Posted By
anders_bundgaard
Sep 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hope someone out there can help, as i’m getting pretty frustrated. i’l got a rather large .psb document (2.1gb when saved, 5.1bg when opened), and every time i save it and reopen it, all the levels adjustment layers reset themselves (0 – 1.0 – 255)… has anyone come accross this before? and is there a reason for it and what can i do to top it happening…

thanks in advance
anders bundgaard

osx 10.3.9
ram 4gb
photoshop cs (version 8.0×119)
G5 dual 2.5ghz

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 22, 2006
That was a bug in Photoshop CS (found rather late in CS2 development). It was fixed in CS2.
AB
anders_bundgaard
Sep 22, 2006
thanks chris. do you know when it happens and why… so i can try and avoid it happening again (apart from upgrading to cs2 as i’m still waiting for approval for it)?
CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 22, 2006
It happens if the adjustment layer data is written out past 2 Gig in the file, due to a small (and kinda obscure) bug in the adjustment layer reading code. The data is written correctly, but just not read back in correctly.

The only way to avoid it is to use CS2.
PF
Peter_Figen
Sep 22, 2006
Is Levels the only function that suffers from this bug?
CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 22, 2006
I think Curves might be affected as well, but I don’t recall (it’s been a while since I fixed it).
AB
anders_bundgaard
Sep 25, 2006
thank you so much. now i know what to look out for. and get an upgrade to cs2 sorted out 😉

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections