Photoshop ver 7.0.1 locks up when using Adjustments (Levels, Curves,etc.)

SD
Posted By
Susan_Dietrich
Dec 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop ver 7.0.1 and whenever I try to use an Adjustment option such as Levels or Curves, PS just locks up. The curser turns into the eyedropper, but no dialog box or error comes up. At this point, all options are greyed out on all menu items including Layer, Select, Filter, etc. I cannot get the program to shut down without going to the Windows Task Manager and forcing it to close.

I am on Windows XP. I upgraded my Windows Office to Office 2003 recently, but have not noticed any changes to any of my other existing programs. I even uninstalled Photoshop and re-installed, but still have the same problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you – Susan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 3, 2006
Try Trashing/Resetting Preferences.
P
Phosphor
Dec 3, 2006
Have you recently greatly reduced your monitor resolution, or went from using two monitors down to one?

It sounds like your dialogue boxes are showing up off-screen.

Ed’s suggestion should take care of the problem.
SD
Susan_Dietrich
Dec 3, 2006
Thank you for your replies. Please excuse my ignorance, but when I go to preferences, I don’t see how to trash or reset them – could you please explain? Also, it does sound like the dialogue box may be off screen, but I have 2 monitors and have increased resolution and it still happens. When I force the program to close through Program Manager, it says that the program is not responding which tells me that it has just locked up.

Thanks again.
P
Phosphor
Dec 3, 2006
Instructions for ditching/resetting Photoshop’s preferences are in the FAQ section for this forum. The link to the FAQ section can be found in the header section of the thread index.
SD
Susan_Dietrich
Dec 3, 2006
I found the instructions and it worked! Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

Happy Holidays!
Susan
P
Phosphor
Dec 3, 2006
Good to hear you got it sorted.

Cheers!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections