SC
Posted By
Sue_Chastain
Jul 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS3 Extended installed in Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. The text that appears on the palette tabs is jagged and ugly as if they are not using font smoothing. The text in the menus and the rest of the user interface is smooth, as it should be. Here’s is a screen shot of my palette tabs so you can see what I mean:
< http://z.about.com/d/graphicssoft/1/0/O/u/4/PhotoshopCS3Pale ttes.PNG>

I know it is a minor thing, but I find this very distracting every time I open the program. I realize it could be a missing font or something wrong on my system, so I wanted to ask if others using Photoshop CS3 in Windows Vista were also seeing the ugly palette tab text? I have looked for screen shots online but most of the ones I have found are from Photoshop on Mac.

Thanks,

Sue Chastain
About.com Graphics Software
<http://graphicssoft.about.com>

www.About.com
About.com is part of the New York Times Company.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
Jul 1, 2007
Are you using an LCD panel and if so is it set to its native resolution?

Bob
SC
Sue_Chastain
Jul 1, 2007
Yes, Bob, my LCD is at native resolution.
P
Phosphor
Jul 1, 2007
Hmm…

Somethings definitely amiss when we see folks like you, Sue, and Sandee Cohen posting in these forums about app problems.
BL
Bob Levine
Jul 1, 2007
Didn’t even notice that. 🙁

Bob
SC
Sue_Chastain
Jul 1, 2007
So I take it you guys are not seeing the jagged text in those palette tabs?

I just did a repair installation of Photoshop in case I had a missing font or something, but it looks the same.
BL
Bob Levine
Jul 1, 2007
Do you have Windows set to use large fonts? Do you have cleartype enabled?

Bob
SC
Sue_Chastain
Jul 1, 2007
No, I’m using the default setting for font size. Cleartype is enabled, and the palette tabs are the only area of Photoshop where the text appears like this.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 1, 2007
Looks like a different font altogether. Notice the "I" of the word Info on Sue’s compared to mine (in the red box)

EDIT: I’m on XP not Vista.
P
Phosphor
Jul 1, 2007
Definitely a different font. Look at the "g", "t", "s" and "f" as well. And those are just the really obvious character differences.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 2, 2007
Mine is like Chris’s.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections