Pasting formatted text into photoshop from Word (Windows) Photoshop CS3 Extended Version 10

PC
Posted By
paul_Copeland
Dec 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
G’day from Australia.

Could some kind soul please tell me if it is possible to paste formatted text (different fonts and sizes in selection) from Word into Photoshop.

If it is possible please let me know how this can be done.

Thank you.

Paul Copeland

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 19, 2008
If you can save the Word file as PDF, you can open that in Photoshop. I don’t think the text will be editable, however.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 19, 2008
If it’s a small amount of text with simple formatting you’d be better off redoing it in Photoshop.

If it’s a lot of text you shouldn’t be using Photoshop anyway. InDesign does this sort of thing properly.
F
Freeagent
Dec 19, 2008
InDesign does this sort of thing properly.

Actually, I tried this with InDesign, and that stripped the formatting as well. But there may be a trick. I’ve always just imported raw text from Word into ID and done the formatting there, so I haven’t looked too hard.
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 19, 2008
Actually, I tried this with InDesign, and that stripped the formatting as well.

There’s a user preference in InDesign to allow for the choice of formatted or unformatted text.

Bob
F
Freeagent
Dec 19, 2008
Thanks, Bob. I’ll keep that one in mind.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections