Posted By
Karl_Hof
Mar 30, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

First time poster here. I see from posts I’ve been reading here that many of you are experienced Photoshop users. I hope you can share some advices on best books or videos to help me learn Photoshop.

What do you suggest?

TIA

Karl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Mar 31, 2009
Start with Photoshop Classroom in a Book.

Then watch QT videos you can easily find by googling and at <http://tv.adobe.com/#>.
P
Phosphor
Mar 31, 2009
Read through the following thread, Karl:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.59b503f7>
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Mar 31, 2009
Another strong endorsement for the Lynda.com Tutorials.
JG
Josh_Green
Mar 31, 2009
I recently found adobe tutorials at www.designprovideo.com which IMHO provide great core training in Photoshop. Some other online training I’ve found to be a bit overwhelming (too much info given too quickly)- but so far the Photoshop CS4 101 by Jim Kanter has hit the spot and answered the questions I needed answering.
VS
Vee S
Apr 1, 2009
Hey Karl, you may find Photoshop CS4 Digital Classroom a good book to get your hands on.
S
Savageduck
Apr 1, 2009
On 2009-03-30 14:05:59 -0700, said:

Hello,

First time poster here. I see from posts I’ve been reading here that many of you are experienced Photoshop users. I hope you can share some advices on best books or videos to help me learn Photoshop.
What do you suggest?

TIA

Karl

There are also any number of Pod casts which can be found via iTunes search: Photoshop User TV;
Understanding Adobe Photoshop (HD);
Photoshop for Digital Photographers;
Photoshop Killer Tips;
PixelPerfect with Bert Monroy;
Creative Photoshop with John Reuter

For Podcasts on Lightroom, check the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom & Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips Podcasts.

Regards,
Savageduck
KH
Karl_Hof
Apr 1, 2009
Thank you for your responses everyone.

Both books look very interesting. However, I have decided not to go with the book format. I have piles of unread books and I find learning by video may be a better way in my situation.

I will look into both lynda and designprovideo.com to see which may suit my needs better.

Thank you again for your help. Any further suggestions will of course be most welome.

Karl
O
OldBob
Apr 1, 2009
If you bought the DVDs (instead of a download), did you check out the videos on there?
R
Ram
Apr 1, 2009
VS
Vee S
Apr 1, 2009
Both books look very interesting. However, I have decided not to go with the book format. I have piles of unread books and I find learning by video may be a better way in my situation.

Sure, I’ve got a ton of books I’m still trying to get through myself. Just FYI, Photoshop CS4 Digital Classroom includes a DVD with lesson assets and accompanying videos.
RS
Rayne_Sousa
Apr 3, 2009
Hi Karl

I have been learning core photoshop cs4 with a designprovideo.com . I really love their teaching style. Those guys know what they are talking about – a great foundation.

We have been using their download videos at work, just to get staff up to speed real fast. I know my bosses have been impressed. In practical terms, I can see real learning has taken place.

We also have a budget for books etc however I’ve noticed people sticking with the videos as they are incredibly easy to search. they are indexed and the information is kept in manageable ‘chunks’ and there is a dedicated player/search engine.

These guys are real educators and I’m glad other people are beginning to find them too. I would really recommend giving it a try!

Rayne

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections