Posted By
WebNut
Dec 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All,
I am trying to paint in photoshop using a mouse and I realized that I can not make the mouse do what I wanted it to do. For example the mouse makes my brush strokes too jerky and I don’t get smooth lines and the textures don’t come out right either. Is the mouse a good tool for painting in photoshop or should I go with something else? If I should opt for a different tool what is it and where can I find one that’s not terribly expensive? Thank you in advance for your response.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Dec 19, 2008
A Wacom tablet with stylus.

The Bamboo is the entry level model.

<http://www.wacom-europe.com/index2.asp?pid=0&lang=en>
P
Phosphor
Dec 19, 2008
Agree…Wacom. I’d go for the Intuos for nest results.

But for what you are doing Photoshop might not be the best application. Painter might be more appropriate. Not cheap though.
B
Buko
Dec 19, 2008
When you buy your wacom you should get a stripped down version of painter try it out and see if that’s better than Photoshop for painting.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 19, 2008
When I got my Wacom it came with a stripped down version of Painter in the bundle.
P
Phosphor
Dec 19, 2008

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections