RS
Posted By
r_sean_galloway
Mar 24, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
using chipset moldel NVIDIA geforce 7600gt mac and had to turne off open gl drawing it just woudnt work.has any one had this problem.my graphics/displays
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0391
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3021
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 24, 2009
The problem may be because the card is not compatible. I didn’t notice it on Adobe’s list.

Neil
RA
R_Aviles
Mar 25, 2009
I have the exact same card in my iMac, and it works fine with PS CS4 11.0.1, with OpenGL Drawing selected. Under Advanced, I have Vertical Sync and Force Bilinear Interpolation selected. 3D Interaction Acceleration is grayed out. I have Advanced Drawing UNselected. All choices in that box are grayed out.

The card is not listed on Adobe’s list, but it works fine for me.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 3 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM61.0093.B07
SMC Version: 1.10f3
R
Ram
Mar 25, 2009
3D Interaction Acceleration is grayed out.

A clear indication that the card is NOT supported.
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 25, 2009
No, that is a clear indication that the card doesn’t support that particular feature
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 25, 2009
I am fairly certain that the NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT is a card that Adobe found to be somewhat baulky with OpenGL and is therefore not on their list of approved cards.

< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 405711&sliceId=1>
D
DYP
Mar 25, 2009
I have problems with the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT on a 3.2ghz 16GB Ram box. I am sure I have tried every combination of settings. All had screen redraw issues. The only setting that works for me, is off.

By the way does anyone have examples they can point to as to the advantages of having OpenGL Drawing enabled other than the specific things that require it?
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 25, 2009
The card they found problems with was 7300gt, not 7600gt though to be fair, those two cards have a lot in common. By the way, here < http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 404898#known> is a list of known video card issues
R
Ram
Mar 25, 2009
Zeno,

You can’t upgrade (nor downgrade) the driver on a Mac. Drivers are embedded in the OS. The card manufacturers don’t provide drivers for video cards directly, only through Apple.

A clear indication that the card is NOT supported.

No, that is a clear indication that the card doesn’t support that particular feature

Duh! A distinction without a difference.
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 25, 2009
Not quite, 3D Interactive Acceleration is only for working if 3D. If you don’t work with 3d you don’t need it so there won’t be any difference to you

As for drivers, just because Apple provides only the latest version doesn’t mean that you can’t find older versions using google
R
Ram
Mar 25, 2009
Only Apple has drivers for the Mac. Where else are you going to find them, Google or not? If you find it, how do you install them without solid hacking experence?

If you don’t work with 3d you don’t need it so there won’t be any difference to you

That subjective definition does not make the card fully supported. :/
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 25, 2009
No, but it also doesn’t make it unsupported :p
I don’t know how the drivers work for the mac but there are tons of people out there who have whats called a Hackintosh, a normal PC with components bought from retail stores with OSX installed on it and from what i’ve understood it’s easy to do. Also, look <http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx>, video card drivers for mac os x. If ati has drivers on their page i guess there are places to also find nvidia drivers(couldn’t find them on nvidia’s site)
RA
R_Aviles
Mar 25, 2009
Zeno

Not quite, 3D Interactive Acceleration is only for working if 3D. If you don’t work with 3d you don’t need it so there won’t be any difference to you

Yes, that is right. I do not work with 3D, so it does not matter to me. That is why I said it works fine for me, even though it is not listed or supported.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 25, 2009
If ati has drivers on their page i guess there are places to also find nvidia drivers (couldn’t find them on nvidia’s site)

That is because there are NO Mac video drivers available — except for those built-in as part of Mac OSX.
L
Lundberg02
Mar 25, 2009
Zeno, that’s ridiculous.
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 25, 2009
Yes, i’m ridiculous, how could i claim that there are mac os x drivers available for download? how could i have even found some on atis site <http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx>, those must be fake. Anyway, i’m done with this thread, too much OT
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 25, 2009
Did you check the dates on the ATI drivers: they are mostly old updates (circa 2005) which are now incorporated into newer versions of OSX.

Radeon post NO updates.
R
Ram
Mar 26, 2009
I’ve got a bad feeling about this… Another bogus identity for you-know-who? :/

Zeno gets plonked forthwith.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 26, 2009
Could be right!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections