ND
Posted By
Nick_deCarlo
Jan 31, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is new occurrence. When hitting print, I receive a window that says: Before you can perform printer-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer.

When I click OK, a new window appears saying: Could not complete the Print command because of a problem using the Adobe Color Engine.

I have two printers installed: Epson CX9300F and Epson 3850. Used printer last week no problemo.

MAC lap Pro 10.5 up to date.

HELP. HAVE NEW EPSON 3850 AND WANT TO PRINT.

Thanx in advance

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 31, 2009
Turn check your printer connections and turn on all of your Printers.

Launch Printer Set-up Utility: Select and Delete all of the Printers. Then Add each of your printers again.

If you have Epson printers, go to Epson UK to get the most recent Drivers and profiles because, for some unfathomable reason, Epson USA seldom seems to list the most recent Drivers.

Outdated Epson Drivers have caused a lot of people to find that their prints made through CS4 are too dark.
ND
Nick_deCarlo
Jan 31, 2009
Ann,

Went through the process. Updated drivers etc etc. But while doing this I thought to try CS2 and see if that works. CS2 has no trouble printing. The problem is with CS3. Also, Lightroom will make the print. Trouble is I don’t want to use Lightroom or CS2 to print with. So it is not the printer.

Any other ideas????
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 1, 2009
CS3 and Leopard have not proved to be the best of friends. Have you upgraded to 10.5.6?

When you upgraded your Epson software, you did do it from Epson UK — not from Epson USA?

Have you tried printing from CS3 from a new User’s Account?
ND
Nick_deCarlo
Feb 1, 2009
Yes: I have 10.5.6
Yes: Epson UK
No: new user account

This is not about Mac software. This is about PS CS3. I used the software last week and printed fine. Did nothing unusual that I can see. Now the software if funky.

As I mentioned. It works fine in Lightroom. Both printers. But I hate printing from LR. Prints fine in CS2. But why bother, I own CS3 and prefer to use it.
R
Ram
Feb 1, 2009
This is new occurrence.

I used the software last week and printed fine.

Then, obviously, the problem is with your setup, not with Photoshop.
ND
Nick_deCarlo
Feb 1, 2009
Ramon,

What setup are you referring too?
R
Ram
Feb 1, 2009
Yours. Your machine, OS install, Photoshop install, haxies, corrupted files, whatever…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 1, 2009
Nick:

Make a new User’s Account.

Use it to launch Photoshop and try to print from that account because your current one is probably corrupt.

What maintenance have you done? Repaired Permissions, run Cocktail, run DiskWarrior?
ND
Nick_deCarlo
Feb 1, 2009
Ramon – go back to sleep. It’s Sunday and last night must of been hard.

Listen guys; here’s the fix. Figured it out. Next time suggest this:

Delete the preferences file for PS.

In MAC go to USER/name of user/LIBRARY/PREFERENCES/ADOBE CS3 SETTINGS AND DELETE THE PREFERENCE FILE THERE. A NEW ONE IS BUILT WHEN RESTARTING PS.

This works for many things that screw up with PhotoShop.

thanks for the help.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 1, 2009
I assumed you would have done that automatically.

🙁

Now what about the other maintenance that I suggested?

How long is it since you last did those things?
B
Buko
Feb 1, 2009
Ramón – 6:53pm Jan 31, 09 PST (#7 of 10)

Yours. Your machine, OS install, Photoshop install, haxies, corrupted files, whatever…

Nick deCarlo – 7:08pm Jan 31, 09 PST (#9 of 10)

Ramon – go back to sleep.

Delete the preferences file for PS

It appears Ramón was correct the whole time. Maybe Nick needs to wake up.
R
Ram
Feb 1, 2009
Nick,

I don’t know where on this planet you are, but over here it wasn’t even my dinner time when I last posted. The time stamp you see in my messages is the actual time I post, as I’m in the same time zone as Adobe HQ in San Jose, and less than 175 km from where their server actually is located in San Francisco.

Please read the FAQs of this forum for a more expedient and thorough way of trashing Photoshop preferences.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections