No printer listed in Photoshop CS (mac os 10.3.3)

S
Posted By
stefi
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
Since a few days, I no longer have my printer listed in the print dialog from Photoshop CS. Printers are there and working in all other apps. Oddly enough, it does work when I open PS in root. I tried repairing permissions (with Apple disk utility as well as Printer Setup Repair), throwing away PS prefs… nothing. And at last but not least, even if it’s off topic, exactly the same happens with InDesign CS, but for a few months now. I can still export as postscript.

Any idea ??
Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SW
Scott_Weichert
May 13, 2004
Have you tried deleting the printer and adding it back into the Print center? I’ve had to do this a few times.
AK
ashley_karyl
May 13, 2004
I had exactly the same problem and no amount of deleting and adding in the print center would cure it. I noticed that it was only happening with CS and not with other programs like Word, so out of frustration I deleted the application and re-installed PS 7 which was fine.

Without being able to choose my printer in the print dialogue box when using CS, printing was effectively impossible because I lost all control over resolution settings etc. Finally, I re-installed CS and it seems fine there as well now.
S
stefi
May 15, 2004
Unfortunately, neither of the techniques worked for me. What I noticed is that not only PS see the printers under root session, but with any other user. I tried creating a new user, even without admin privileges and yes, it prints perfectly. So I assume that there is a problem in my main user. I wil have to migrate to a new user and it maight need some times to set up all preferences again. Of course, I will copy many of them but not all to avoid reproducing the problem.

Anyway, thanks for your contributions 😉
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 15, 2004
Before you go to the trouble of creating a New User; why don’t you try pulling any files that refer to printing out of User/Library/Preferences and onto your Desktop.

These might include:
com.apple.print.PrintCenter.plist
com.epson.ijprinter.utility.plist
com.apple.print.custompresets.plist
com.apple.print.PrinterProxy.AdobePDF.plist (and similar ones) com.apple.print.PrintingPrefs.plist

Then re-install all of your Printers in the Print Center.
S
stefi
May 15, 2004
Thank you Ann, but it didn’t change anything. I puled out all print related preference files out of the library as you suggested. No change.
The problem must be related to Photoshop files since the printers work fine in any other app!
AK
ashley_karyl
May 15, 2004
That’s also what I found Ann. This problem was specifically related to Photoshop CS but in my case it went away after I re-installed the application.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections