NL
Posted By
Nancy_Latthitham
Sep 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ramon, regarding centering images I’m trying to print from Intel based OS X to an Epson 2200, I still have not been able to locate the Minimize Margins option in Apple’s Printer Setup Utility to add to my printer list. I’ve tried going to the More Printers button but it’s not showing up. I’ve searched for it using spotlight and can’t find it. Any ideas???

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Sep 5, 2006
Nancy,

Epson may have changed that in the latest version of their drivers, which I understand are meant exclusively for Intel-based Macs running 10.4.7.

Since I have neither of those, I can’t verify that. Sorry.
R
Ram
Sep 5, 2006
Oh, Spotlight normally does NOT search for system or library files. Try Command+F instead.
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Sep 5, 2006
I’ve tried going to the More Printers button but it’s not showing up.

Just making sure…did you select the proper interface from the pop-up menu at the top after you click More Printers? For example, my printer is connected via FireWire, so it only shows up in the list after I select EPSON FireWire from the pop-up menu.
NL
Nancy_Latthitham
Sep 6, 2006
OK folks, here’s the solution. This is what the kind person at Epson told me after I explained I couldn’t find the minimize margins option anywhere:

"That applies to PowerPC Macs, on the Intel the driver has been modernized. To find the minimize margins, open a file, go to FILE—->PAGE SETUP, select a paper size such as
8 x 10 for example, see if there is a minimize margins option for that size."

I did as told above and sure enough, there’s a minimize margins option for the different paper sizes. I haven’t tried printing yet but I expect it to work and solve my issue.

Thanks again everyone!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections