TO
Posted By
Tom_O_Connell
Aug 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
1- Does Rosetta slow PS down? seems like it and I put it in to run NIK sharpener, but would give up NIK for more speed… if it does slow me down, how do I turn it off???

2- what am I doing wrong? when I launch PS all I get are the menus with the whole desktop showing through? The only way I can get a normal background is to open an image and then hit F, but this doesn’t let me position two images side by side… I must be missing something about mac… sorry to be so lame.

thanks

tom

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 13, 2008
Tom,

1. Yes. With a capital "Y". Run software that runs native on your OS.

2. That’s one of the things that make it a Mac. As you discovered, the F key kills off the background desktop when working with one image. But to kill the default Mac desktop imagery, you can always go into [Apple icon] –> System Preferences –> Desktop –> Apple Images (or use your own) and make your desktop plain neutral gray, black, or any other color you wish.

Neil
TO
Tom_O_Connell
Aug 13, 2008
Neil-

whoa… great idea… why didn’t i think of changing the whole desktop… i’ve seen enough of the globe anyhow <g>.

How do I turn rosetta off? If I go to finder>applications>CS3 and open the info screen, the check box where I set it to start with Rosetta is not there. When I launch PS it says RUNNING IN ROSETTA.

Where is the setting to turn it off?

thanks again,

tom
B
Buko
Aug 13, 2008
Do a get info on the app not its folder
TO
Tom_O_Connell
Aug 13, 2008
Buko-

many thanks… that works great… I sure feel out of it when some little thing like that stops me in my tracks… I figured all that out on windows but it took years… with a little help in forums like this, I think I’ll be self sufficient in only months <VBG>.

cheers,

tom
TO
Tom_O_Connell
Aug 13, 2008
Just HAD to make one more post to you guys…

Removing Rosetta LITERALLY sped PS up by almost 3X

THIS is what I thoght a mac should do !!!!

cheers,

tom

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections