RC
Posted By
Roger_Cole
Oct 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Printing from Photoshop Elements 2.0 Mac (both OS 9 and OSX) to a HP LaserJet 8150 via TCP/IP produces nothing but an endless stream of papes with a bit of gobblygook at the top of some pages. I get the same result on different HP laser printers (all are Postscript lasers) from any Mac running either OS. Printing via Appletalk is fine. Anybody else encounter this issue? Any solutions. I’m suprised it has not been mentioned here before. I searched the forum and found nothing.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
brent_bertram
Oct 3, 2003
Roger,
Are you printing from "Print Preview" with the output space set to " Postscript color management" ? That’s what I do when printing to a HP Postscript printer on my PC . Hope its that simple.

🙂

Brent
EM
Eric_Matthes
Oct 3, 2003
Did you search for "gobblygook"? 😉
BP
Ben_Peck
Oct 6, 2003
I’m having the same problem. On Mac OS 9 printing works fine via Appletalk but only nonsense is printed when printing by TCP/IP to any postscript printer. I’ve tried the first suggestion, changing the output space of the color management to postscript color management, but no dice. This is kind of a problem for those that use print queues on shared TCP/IP printers. Any other ideas ?

thanks in advance,

Ben
BP
Ben_Peck
Oct 6, 2003
By selecting the encoding to be ASCII in Print Preview, printing works correctly by TCP/IP. See article 327343 in the knowledge base.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections