Posted By
Ed_Henninger
Mar 23, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On MacBook Pro, Photoshop CS4 Extended:

Every time I open Photoshop, the workspace is "Essentials," not the workspace I have set up for myself. I would like to open with my saved workspace active, not "Essentials." This works fine with my PPC desktop Mac.

Any suggestions on how I can get my customized workshop to be the "default?"

Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 23, 2009
Did you actually Save your own workspace with it’s own name; and is that workspace then checked in the Window menu?
EH
Ed_Henninger
Mar 23, 2009
Yes…and yes.
R
Ram
Mar 23, 2009
Ed,

Trash your saved space manually, the create it again. Those saved workspace files often get corrupted.
EH
Ed_Henninger
Mar 23, 2009
Ramon:

Tried it. No difference…but I certainly appreciate the suggestion.

Anyone else?

Ed
NT
Nini Tj
Mar 23, 2009
Did you set it without a document open? If not, try that, then quit and see what you get next time you start.
You should also update to 11.0.1 if you haven’t done that already.
EH
Ed_Henninger
Mar 23, 2009
Nini:

I have been doing it without a document open…and…I am updated to 11.0.1.

It seems I have tried all of the moves suggested to this point. But I’m gonna hang in there and see if someone has the answer that does the trick.

I’m wondering if an uninstall/reinstall will fix it.

Thanks for trying.

Ed
R
Ram
Mar 23, 2009
Ed,

Have you tried "Preferential Treatment"? It’s free.
B
Buko
Mar 23, 2009
if the apps crashes before it shuts down, when you restart PS it reverts to the last workspace used. can you load your saved workspace?
EH
Ed_Henninger
Mar 23, 2009
Buko:

It doesn’t crash at all. That’s one of the reasons this is so strange.

Yes, I can load the workspace, if I understand what you mean by "load." After PS opens and gives me "Essentials" for the workspace, I can go Window>Workspace and select the workspace I’ve created. But when I quit PS and then restart PS, "Essentials" is the workspace again.

Ed
B
Buko
Mar 23, 2009
very strange

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections