B
Posted By
B-I-N-G-O
Dec 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For reasons that I don’t understand images opened in PSE5 on my Windows machine look different than when they are opened in other image editors. The images look less saturated, show less contrast, and have slightly different colors (not sure how to characterize it). Other editors/viewers seem to give a more accurate rendition of what the images will look like when they are printed at stores.

The monitor used has its manufacturer-supplied ICC profile applied and has it color temperature adjusted to 6500 K.

I suppose PSE5 is trying to remap the colors to make them look more accurate on the monitor, but somehow something is wrong.

Does anyone know what the problem may be? TIA.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

N
Not4wood
Dec 19, 2007
This comes from someone who is a beginner in Advanced Color Management.

I had the same thing with my other programs. In my PE5, my screen was very dark compared to what I was printing. I had to get a Calibration Tool, which ended up being the IOne. Now its a lot nicer, colors are a lot more vibrant and saturation is amazing. PE5, might be the little brother of CS3 but its still an advanced Color Management Editor and needs the advanced capabilities to get the best quality.

More advanced users could give you more reasons and details of exactly whats going on. Your monitor might be good, but it needs to be Calibrated so the PE5 could show you what it could offer.

Not4wood

"B-I-N-G-O" wrote in message
For reasons that I don’t understand images opened in PSE5 on my Windows machine look different than when they are opened in other image editors. The images look less saturated, show less contrast, and have slightly different colors (not sure how to characterize it). Other editors/viewers seem to give a more accurate rendition of what the images will look like when they are printed at stores.

The monitor used has its manufacturer-supplied ICC profile applied and has it color temperature adjusted to 6500 K.

I suppose PSE5 is trying to remap the colors to make them look more accurate on the monitor, but somehow something is wrong.
Does anyone know what the problem may be? TIA.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections