JL
Posted By
June_Lauer
Aug 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a logical reason why my cloning tool does not work as well as it should—or has in the past?

Sometimes it seems as though I have to do it over and over again before it begins to drop the color. I make sure that I am on the right layer, and that at the time it is set at 100% normal. Just does not seem to be as sensitive as it used to be to picking up and dropping the color???

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
June,

If this odd behavior appears after you have made loads of edits, perhaps your computer is running low on system resources. It could be you are really seeing a delay, poor performance. Have you noticed any degredation or slow response time when using other programs? Please give some details about your machine, like; amount of Ram, free space on hard disk etc.

Is the option set as desired, aligned or not aligned? How about the checkbox "Use all Layers"? Is the layer you are cloning on set to 100% opacity? If you are using a very soft brush (which would have a feathered edge and reduced density reproduction except for the center), try using a harder brush.

If none of the above seem to be the problem’s source, try resetting the Preferences file. For Windows; launch the program and IMMEDiately hold down shift/ctrl/alt keys until you are asked a question. Answer yes and let the program load. If no question appears, you weren’t fast enough with your fingers. After PSE loads, try again.

Post back with some system specs and let us know if any of the above helped.
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 21, 2004
June,

Nancy’s recommendations will probably cure the problem for you, so I mention this just for the record…

If the REGULAR Brush tool has Tablet Support enabled in its More Options list, that affects the Clone Stamp tool, as well — causing it to be pressure sensitive — which is OK if you’re using a stylus/tablet gizmo, but causes clones made with a mouse to be VERY faint.

Byron
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
Byron,

Excellent addition to possible causes for problem.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections