HELP! I cant get to custom brushes when using the cloning stamp..

SS
Posted By
sue_salter
Aug 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Elements 1 had this feature…creating a custom brush for cloning.. I know options will take me to the custom brush area…but I cant get there when using the cloning stamp..please help, or Ill have to go back to Elements 1..thank you..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 25, 2004
Sue,

To access brushes whilst you are using the clone tool go to the top of the screen and click on the first "blue triangle" then when the drop down menu appears click on the box next to where it says brushes.

Wendy
SS
sue_salter
Aug 25, 2004
Thankyou Wendy..but I dont see a blue triangle anywhere on the top.. or anywhere on the screen for that matter…
is it near the little square where it shows the adobe emblem? Underneath that is the 3 clone stamps and on top of it says ‘file’..

What now?…thanks:)
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Aug 25, 2004
Sue….

On the Options bar for the tools, you should see a drop down box with the current brush shape showing. Next to this is a small down pointing arrow. If you click this you’ll get a menu of the currently loaded brushes. At the top of this is another drop down box that will allow you to select other types of brush. A small right pointing arrow also allows you access to yet another menu to Load or Replace Brush sets.

Colin
B
BobHill
Aug 25, 2004
Sue,

On the lower right of the Clone STamp tool icon there is a very small arrow. Hold down mouse button and drag to right or right click (PC) and you’ll see the fly out where you can opt for either the Clone tool or Pattern Stamp. The tool status bar at top of work area shows as they have indicated the options for setting the size and patterns you can use. You can also change back and forth between Pattern stamp too and Clone stamp tool on this bar as well, but, of course, you must choose the Stamp tool from the Tool box (left side of work area) to get those status bar options.

Bob
SS
sue_salter
Aug 25, 2004
Thankyou Colin..Ive found all the existing brushes..I need to get to the custom brush feature under ‘more options’..everytime I go there, it takes me out of cloning…
The circle that shows the size of the custom brush is not there either, so I cant even size what Im trying to clone…
thanks for your help, but Im going back to Elements 1…\ I cant even find this info in Elements 2 for Dummies book.. I wasted my money..thanks again..
Sue
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Aug 25, 2004
Hi Sue….

Not sure I fully understand your problem. When you say ‘takes you out of cloning’ what do you mean…another tool becomes selected or what/

Custom brushes are saved at the bottom of the list of brushes…in my case the default set. I’ve just tried creating a new brush and it’s there along with it’s size.

When you start cloning do you see a brush on the screen or an icon of the ‘stamp’ tool. You can change it’s size by using the [] keys to increase or decreas.

Colin
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 25, 2004
Sue,

Lets go back to basics:

Are you trying to create a brush to use for cloning?
or are you trying to access a brush you have already created?

I’m not too sure what you really mean by the Custom Brush feature … could you explain.

Most of use have used Elements for quite a while so I’m sure that with a little more information we will be able to talk you through it.

Wendy
SS
sue_salter
Aug 25, 2004
Thankyou for your help everyone..Ive uninstalled it and installed Elements1..
In Element 1..I click on the clone stamp, go to the top, click on the brush size number, and then drops where I crate a custom brush…

Im not looking for already existing brushes…I need to create my own..

In Elements 2..the custom brush drop is under ‘more options’.. when I click on this, the stamps on the top of the page (where I can switch from pattern to clone) disappear..and something else replaced it..I cant remember..
and the curser is not the shape of the brush..its a stamp… Elements1, the curser is the shape of the brush…
all too confusing for this blondie..lol

Anyway…I spent hours trying to figure this out..it shouldnt be that difficult.. Ill stick to Elements 1..
#2 will be a Christmas gift 🙂

Thanks again for your time..
Sue
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 25, 2004
Sue,

In PSE2, to create a brush — on a blank document, draw the shape which you wish to give the brush (or, on an existing image, select the intended brush’s shape), then click Edit – Define Brush.

Byron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections