Posted By
scottydotty
Oct 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi I’d like some help with image below

I’d like to cover the bare part of the pavement and the trees with more snow.

I have tried using the clone tool with a soft edge brush ( 50% hardness/90 % opacity ) But this way the image is too blurry and looses texture.

The second way I used a hard edged brush ( 95% hardness 95% opacity ) this retained the texture but this wasnt seemless enough.
Does any one have any cloning tips to get this as seemless as possible.

Thanks, Scott

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9424/task4copybi1.th.jpg

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
PeterK.
Oct 2, 2006
It looks like the problem is not so much retaining texture as lightening those dark parts of the sidewalk to match the snowy parts. I did this one by way of the dodge tool set to "midtones" with a soft-edged brush. Follow that up with a soft-edged brush set to "colour", pick some of the bluish snow colours in the photo and brush it into the part you just lightened to match up the colours. History brush away, with a soft brush, any of the edges that look like they are too harsh a transition to make it blend better.

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1EsxZpDJ1HimgLD1Ky kWKOEApNfLy1>
Y
yassy
Oct 2, 2006
You have to create new layer before stamp the clone image onto the bare part of the pavement.When you create new layer,adding you clone image to these layer First. Then move it these piece of clone layer whatever you want.Last, adjust these piece of clone layer onto your bare part of the pavement image,Select "Flatten Image" You have to try this wrokflow until snow image would cover onto the image.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections