GD
Posted By
G_DiNunzio
Aug 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having some difficulty with the File Association Manager in Photoshop Elements 2.0. When I select certain files for Elements to open and click OK the changes are not saved. The only file that stays selected is the Photoshop PSD the others that I selected are not retained. Any one know why this is happening and how to correct it?

Also I understand that there is a new file type called JPEG 2000 which I do not have in the list. Does anyone know about this file type?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Gerry D.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jhjl1
Aug 19, 2004
If your on a windows machine you might try changing your file associations through the OS instead. JPEG 2000 is a fine idea that very few apps support so it is probably best to steer clear of it for the time being.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
I am having some difficulty with the File Association Manager in
Photoshop Elements 2.0. When I select certain files for Elements to open and click OK the changes are not saved. The only file that stays selected is the Photoshop PSD the others that I selected are not retained. Any one know why this is happening and how to correct it?
Also I understand that there is a new file type called JPEG 2000 which
I do not have in the list. Does anyone know about this file type?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Gerry D.
RM
Romaine_Morgan
Aug 19, 2004
How do I open an emailed photo using photo elements instead of the previous image program that was first used to open the photo. That program only lasted 60 days, so the picture is now dark. That program came with my computer, but now I can’t uninstall it.
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 19, 2004
Romaine,

You don’t say what format the image is in, but try this…

If you are running Windows:

Click once on image icon and while holding down the Shift key, right click the now highlighted icon, choose "Open With". A list of possible programs will materialize and down at the bottom you can choose to browse and select another program if you’re not offered the one you want.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections