MD
Posted By
marcel_de_lange
Feb 24, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when exporting from sketchup a kmz file ( place a sketchup model into google earth ) it automatically opens up Photoshop, something that I don’t want. When checking the file info, it states that KMZ files are opened with Photoshop. I log in as admin and change the file association to Google earth and apply the changes to all. It jumps back to use Photoshop as default each time.

I suspect something in Photoshop makes it that it defaults to open .kmz files. I need to disable this. How can I disassociate Photoshop from opening .kmz files by default

Adobe CS4 extended, Macbook pro OS 10.5.6

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Feb 24, 2009
this is a system level function and has nothing to do with Photoshop.

Highlight the file.

Do a Get Info.

now change the open with application.
MD
marcel_de_lange
Feb 24, 2009
I did that, many times it keeps changing back to photoshop.. it drives me nuts and it happened after I installed CS4, hence my wondering if it has something to do with PS.
L
Lundberg02
Feb 25, 2009
You have to have GE 4.3

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections