RB
Posted By
Ralph_Belezerian
Jul 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently purchased Photo Elements ver. 2.0 and I’m trying to use the clone tool to copy a tonal value from one side of photo to the other – but I’m not having any luck.

Previously, I had a copy of ADP HE ver.3.0, that was packaged with the HP Scanner (for Windows 98). I was able to select clone and a circular area would appear on the photo – I’d place it where I wanted and then selecting one of the circular tools I could copy that exact tonal value to the area I wanted. But, for some reason this version does not act the same way – am I neglecting to make a correct selection?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RB
Ralph_Belezerian
Jul 22, 2004
Recently purchased Photo Elements ver. 2.0 and I’m trying to use the clone tool to copy a tonal value from one side of photo to the other – but I’m not having any luck.

Previously, I had a copy of ADP HE ver.3.0, that was packaged with the HP Scanner (for Windows 98). I was able to select clone and a circular area would appear on the photo – I’d place it where I wanted and then selecting one of the circular tools I could copy that exact tonal value to the area I wanted. But, for some reason this version does not act the same way – am I neglecting to make a correct selection?
ML
Mark_Levesque
Jul 22, 2004
To use the clone stamp tool, select it from the tool palette. Now select a brush type and size. The next thing to do is to do alt-click at the source point of what you want to clone. Then click at the destination point for your cloned tones. Give that a shot and see if it isn’t the effect you are trying to achieve.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections