Posted By
jberry
Jun 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Win2K PE2

I had a similar problem. With a huge brush (say 100 pixels), I would eventually get a very faint gray smudge about 2 pixels wide.

Turned out, as suggested here, that it was related to a Wacom Tablet. One is installed on the system, my wife’s son likes to use it, but I’m used to a mouse or a trackpoint (none on this computer!). If I actually use the tablet, and press hard with the pen, then the clone tool works better (though it seems to pick up a very wide swath of stuff).

I could not find any option to switch the tablet preference behaviour off. I know that I never switched it on. The son hasn’t used this computer since PE 2 was installed (it was the PE2 that came with an Epson scanner, FWIW). I suppose I could unplug the tablet and restart the computer. The Adobe Help file suggests "In the options bar, click the More Options button, and select Tablet Support." but there’s no such thing as a More Options button.

I think that Adobe should document this problem, as it is frustrating for a beginner. If you have a tablet on your system, cloning will NOT work as advertised.

Jonathan Berry

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections