FB
Posted By
Frank_Burch
Jul 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to Photoshop Elements and this is my first post.

I was working on some pictures my daughter took at church camp and everything was going fine until I tried to crop a picture and received the message "Could not complete your request because the scratch disks are full". After reading the Help files on Scratch Disks, I decided I needed to change the "First" Scratch Disk from "Startup" to "E" drive since the E drive has lots of room. But when I did this, the next time I tried to crop the photo the program hung up. I changed everything back to the way it originally was, but I’m still getting the error message. My C drive has about 2.3gb available, I have 512 Ram, and my E drive is wide open. How should I configure the Scratch Disks so I don’t have this problem?

Thanks,

Haze

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 17, 2004
Did you close and reopen Elements after setting primary scratch to E: ?

Did you also try primary to startup and secondary to E: ?

Mac
FB
Frank_Burch
Jul 17, 2004
Yes, I did close and reopen after each setting change. I just tried setting it up with First as Startup and Second as E and that fixed it. Thanks a million Mac!

Haze
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 17, 2004
Well, glad that worked, although it should have worked the other way, too.
Oh well, whatever works, eh?

M

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections