noone
Jun 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In article ,
says…
Your startup disk IS your C drive, at least by default, from reading your question I can say that
is the case. Unless you have another hard drive or more than one partition then you will always
get the message. PS prefers to use a non startup disk as the primary scratch disk, in your case
you seem to have only the one hard disk. I would suggest buying another drive or just partitioning
the current one but that depends on how big the drive is and how old the machine is.

I appreciate the answer. Is there any reason the scratch disk issue would affect my preferences, though? I can’t figure out why they’re defaulting to the factory settings every time I start PS. This is the really big issue for me; the scratch disk message is just an annoyance.

Mark

By this, do you mean that ALL of your other preferences are changed? If so, an earlier article regarding your permissions in XP might be at fault. Are you listed as an administrator? If not, have your IT person set you up as one for the purpose of setting your preferences in PS, or have them do it.

Also, as mentioned earlier, you might want to remove your photoshop prf files, and start over. PS will build them, when it starts the first time, and then you can establish your preferences (see above for IT help).

Hunt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections