G
Posted By
giannispass
May 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, am a photoshop 7.0 user and i am trying to make a contact sheets from 800 jpg files. But when i am starting it is going as 1,10,100,101,102,103,….109,11,110,…119,12,120,121… Why this happens?

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
May 1, 2007
it happens because it’s sorting by ascii value, not numeric value. if there was a 0 in front of the 1 you’d get hte right order. 01, 02 03. if you have more than 99 images, you’d want two zeros to maintain numeric order. 001, 002, 003… 100, 102, 103…
G
giannispass
May 1, 2007
And how i can change that?
I just make select all (from windows) and then rename. And the files now have the name I&K (1), I&K (2),…..
But i have the same problem with photoshop.
How is it possible to add zeros before the numbers?

Thanks
C
chrisjbirchall
May 1, 2007
Do the rename using Photoshop’s "Batch Rename" facility. Set the starting number to 1 and the number of digits to 3.

Tip: Run the rename twice in straight succession. If it encounters a second 100 (for instance) after it has already renamed one file as such, it will call the next one 100 (1). Running Batch Rename twice resolves this.

The foregoing applies to CS and CS2. I don’t currently have PS7 but I’m assuming the same advice applies.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections