R
Posted By
Resistance
Dec 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey everyone, I love the plugin from <http://www.altostorm.com/>, but I just got a mac and it will not run on a mac. Dose anyone know of a plugin for mac that would do the same thing.

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Dec 24, 2008
Well, I don’t see anything there that would require a plug-in in Photoshop CS4… Would you care to be more specific?
R
Resistance
Dec 24, 2008
Well if you look at this page,http://www.altostorm.com/rlp/screenshots.html

you see that it use Bezier curves to unwrap the image. If there is a way to do the same thing in photoshop without free transform..I would love to know.

Thanks
R
Ram
Dec 24, 2008
Have you looked at Photoshop’s tools individually? Lens Correction Tools, Panorama tools, Warp, etc. Certainly I’m not in a position or inclined to teach you Photoshop here, but if you describe specifically what you can’t do in Photoshop, others will give you tips.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 24, 2008
No Doubt about it that would be a very useful tool the thing it does that that photoshop does not do except for the crop tool’s perspective mode is that it allows you to instinctive define the problem by a lineal interaction of the user. As opposed to trial and error of adjusting pre-defined grids that might be difficult or impossible to align with the image.

The user is now required to have very high visual skills to do this and it can be time consuming. This might also be the answer to another problem Photoshop has wit its new feature 3D layers where you might be able to use this on a 3d layer and and define the alignment qualities that would match the models geometry with say a site photograph.

It is not a question of what it does but more a question of the way it does it.

For instance the way the stamp tool now previews the area that will be clone allows you to easily match the source with the target, you could do that with the previous version without the review but chances of you getting this right the first time around was not really something to be expected, now it is and it is highly unlikely you would need two attempts once you get use to using the preview.

This is the same thing.I can envision one doing the drawing of a few lines to define an area that you want to match a shape say of a building to then taking that shape and adjusting it to the properly positioned model’s geometry and then clicking a command that would match the two.

This works much better then the way you can do it in Photoshop. And has the potential to be even bigger.

The Free Transform is fine but it is an effort and you are never really sure you really have it right this gives you a fighting chance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections