Where can I find a program to convert PS plugins from Mac to Windows?

UR
Posted By
Uncle Remus
Jun 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is such a thing in existence online???

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mike Russell
Jun 13, 2005
Urs Hoelzle wrote:
Is such a thing in existence online???

No. No converter is possible because the two systems use different cpu hardware.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
UR
Uncle Remus
Jun 13, 2005
That’s correct but not for long it seems.
Apple will be using the PC CPU in a year
or two.

I would think if an emulator for both platforms could be written for each other
then such a program plugin emulator
could also be made.

Comments???

Does somebody out there want to give it a go as a simple labor of love?
T
Tacit
Jun 13, 2005
In article ,
"Urs Hoelzle" wrote:

I would think if an emulator for both platforms could be written for each other
then such a program plugin emulator
could also be made.

Comments???

It would be virtually impossible to write such an emulator such that the copy of Photoshop itself would be running natively, but Photoshop plugins would be running in an emulated environment.

Such a thing is not *completely* impossible, but it’s the next best thing; to say it represents an engineering challenge would be putting it rather mildly. And if it were to be done, performance would almost certainly be unacceptable. Look, for example, at the PearPC emulation environment, which is roughly 400 times slower than the native CPU it’s running on; were a Photoshop emulation environment to have similar performance, a filter that took two seconds to run on a Mac would require almost fifteen minutes(!) to run in emulation.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
UR
Uncle Remus
Jun 13, 2005
I thank you for your replies.
I will stay with Apple for my
computer graphic needs then.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections