JC
Posted By
John_C_Hallett
Jan 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have contacted both Nikon and Adobe and they can’t help me. When I go to About Plugin, and click on Nikon NEF, I get a message that says there was an error loading the plugin. Before I switched to Mac, I had no problem using the plugin with Windows XP. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks, John

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 10, 2004
Have you Googled this? I truly don’t know what all Nikon NEF encompasses, but I spotted something on Steve’s digicams about a variation between the Win and Mac versions. If you haven’t already checked a couple of the camera-related sites, that might be a good place to start. If I remember right, we don’t have a lot of users of the higher end Nikons on this forum, and we are especially short of users of higher end Nikons who also run Panther! 🙂 (Like I can’t think of one!)

I used "Nikon NEF plugin Mac" for my search criteria. There were also references to Nikon software, but I didn’t have a clue about versions so didn’t pursue any of those.

Sites like Stevesdigicams and dpreview have all kinds of boards for the various camera models. They would probably be great reference sites in this case.
JC
John_C_Hallett
Jan 10, 2004
Thanks Beth. I will follow up those leads. If I find out the solution, I will post it.

John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections