Posted By
Barrett_Applegate
Jul 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone,

Question: Does anyone know of an industry-standard, reliable EXIF plugin for Photoshop CS3 for MAC? I already have an EXIF tab in my File > File Info tab, but I specifically need a plugin that reads Shutter Actuations from an image. I need to know how many times a camera I just bought has been fired.

Rambling Backstory:

I just bought a used Canon 1d Mark II on eBay, and I think it may have been misrepresented in the auction. The seller claimed that the camera only had around 29,000 shutter actuations.

She based this number on a program called "Cancount." When I received the camera, I took a test shot, and attempted to download cancount. Unfortunately, I ended up on some German web site, which asked me for 13 euros to download it.

Instead, I downloaded the free, and much more detailed Simple EXIF reader for Mac. This program said the camera was closer to 160,000 shutter actuations.

Here’s the screenshot:
< http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3295/2681473080_c22f82591f_o. png>

All I want to know is which program is more reliable, Cancount or Simple EXIF reader. OR, does anyone know of an industry-standard EXIF reader that everyone agrees gives a reliable shutter actuation count? Thanks everyone.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DR
Donald_Reese
Jul 20, 2008
Maybe i am looking at something different here,but i usually check my frame count under photoshops file- info ,and once there i go to advanced,and under the fourth arrow called http-exif, i can see my frame count. it says aux-image number. not sure if that will help you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections