S
Posted By
S._Wheeler
Jul 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to create a pattern by duplicating an image? I am interested in creating a background page with a flag image that is repeated throughout the page (each flag image approximately 0.25 inches). I created the pattern by selecting the flag image and saving but I’m not sure how to have this image cloned throughout the background page? Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 11, 2004
You can create your own pattern by using Image>Define Pattern.

You will then be able to use the pattern to make your background … one way is using Edit>Fill.

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jul 11, 2004
To elaborate on and slightly modify Wendy’s method, use the Rectangular Marquee tool to create a selection box around the flag picture. Then do an Edit>Define Pattern and give it a name like Flag. Then, on a separate canvas, you can do a Layer>New Fill Layer>Pattern and choose Flag as the Pattern. By adjusting the Scale parameter in the Pattern Fill dialog box, you can change the number of flags that fill your canvas. You can then add new layers to the canvas and change the opacity to make the flag effect subtle or bold.

Chuck

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections