Posted By
james_heming
Feb 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

Much as we love digital images, I was wondering if anyone had had any success with settings to try and create more of a slide film (positive film) look to their digital images.

I want that slightly more saturated look ( which I know is easy ) but with a few finer points added too.

Is there a plug-in pack that caters for this kind of thing?

Running Photoshop CS on XP Pro.

Many thanks

James

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

O
Ol__Whozit
Feb 15, 2005
I beleive I’ve seen a couple of tutorials out on the Web. Have you tried a tutorial search yet?
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Feb 15, 2005
Here´s a quickie: Phosphor "Controlling Contrast – A Quick Tutorial" 2/20/04 10:03pm </cgi-bin/webx?50> Methid one: Increasing contrast with USM – and then a Hue / saturation adjustment layer – 0 – 14% saturation boost.
BO
Burton_Ogden
Feb 16, 2005
James,

One final step in getting a realistic slide film look would be to add authentic film grain using Visual Infinity’s Grain Surgery 2 for Photoshop <http://www.visinf.com/gs/ps/>. They have a downloadable demo.

— Burton — (not associated with any vendor mentioned)
JH
james_heming
Feb 16, 2005
Thanks a lot for all of those suggestions. Much appreciated. Off to put them into action!

James

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections