Posted By
eholz1
Feb 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello Photoshop group,

I saw a beautiful effect that I would like to use either by CSS or using photoshop to create the image/effect (maybe even imagemagick)

the site address is: http://victor.hasselblad.com/.

the lead image here is a white photograph (jpeg) on a white background, with a shadow like effect around the entire
image. In this case the shadow effect is part of the jpeg, and not created in CSS.

Any tips on how I could recreate this effect would be appreciated,

thanks

eholz1

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TW
Toobi Won Kenobi
Feb 2, 2007
"eholz1" wrote in message
Hello Photoshop group,

I saw a beautiful effect that I would like to use either by CSS or using photoshop to create the image/effect (maybe even imagemagick)
the site address is: http://victor.hasselblad.com/.

the lead image here is a white photograph (jpeg) on a white background, with a shadow like effect around the entire
image. In this case the shadow effect is part of the jpeg, and not created in CSS.

thanks

eholz1
I would open my image.
Make a rectangular selection with the Marquee tool.
Ctrl + J to copy the selection to its own layer.
Add a drop shadow layer style. Second icon at bottom of layer palette. (Maybe a bit of bevel also.)
You may need to fill the background layer with your colour of choice to enhance the separtion.
HTH
TK
E
eholz1
Feb 2, 2007
On Feb 2, 11:19 am, "Toobi Won Kenobi" <Toobi Won > wrote:

Hello Photoshop group,

the site address is:http://victor.hasselblad.com/.

thanks

eholz1

I would open my image.
Add a drop shadow layer style. Second icon at bottom of layer palette. (Maybe a bit of bevel also.)
You may need to fill the background layer with your colour of choice to enhance the separtion.
HTH
TK

Hello kanobee,

thanks,

I will give this a shot!

ewholz
TW
Toobi Won Kenobi
Feb 2, 2007
On Feb 2, 11:19 am, "Toobi Won Kenobi" <Toobi Won > wrote:

Hello Photoshop group,

the site address is:http://victor.hasselblad.com/.

thanks

eholz1

I would open my image.
HTH
TK

Hello kanobee,

thanks,

I will give this a shot!
ewholz

You are most welcome.

TWK

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections