RW
Posted By
Rebecca_Wilkins
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to create a halftone pattern where the dots are transparent so the layer can be used as a mesh. Any help would be appreciated!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 8, 2004
If you are on a PC, I would suggest doing a search on Dragonfly filters. They have a freeware filter called Retrodots that is pretty cool. You can adjust circle direction, size, and how close together the circles are, along with size, and a circle border. (I don’t know if they make a Mac version.) You would need to select one of the circles, go to select and pick similar. This would select all the circles. Then delete. You can use the halftone filter that came with PSE the same way. Select a dot with wand, select>similar, then delete. Now, maybe since someone has given a response someone will come up with a super killer idea. Good luck with your project.

Terri

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections