DM
Posted By
Deb_Mommens
Jan 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to use the displace filter, with a texture/displacement map that I made. I have it saved as a .psd file, and it won’t work. I can use the ones that came with the program, but not ones I make. I sent my texture to a friend with cs2 (as a jpeg file), and they saved it as a .psd file for me, and it works. So I’m wondering why I can’t make my own, save them and have them work for me? I can’t always expect my friend to help me out!

I also heard another lady, in the same digital scrapbooking forum I am in, say she has that very same problem, so is this a cs3 bug? Is there a fix? Is there any way I can work around this, to be able to make my own, and use them? Any help you can give me would be appreciated!!

Deb

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 25, 2009
Not a known bug – but Displace is very picky about what files it will open (as noted in the help for it, and readme files).
DM
Deb_Mommens
Jan 25, 2009
I figured out what was going on, with the help of a lady on the scrapbooking forum. I had the file to far down in My Documents, I guess it doesn’t want to use it if it’s not higher up in My Documents, so I put it in my recieved files, and it worked. Which means I will have to make a folder in My Documents just for those files, and not bury them down in several other folders. What a pain!! 🙁

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections