Photoshop CS- Cannot always access majority of filters with OE-1 raw images converted to tifs etc.

PM
Posted By
peter_mchugh
Jun 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Some images (tifs etc from Olympus ORF raws) can access all the filters but others, which I believe to have been saved in precisely the same way in Photoshop, I can only reach Blur,Noise,Sharpen,Stylize and Other.

I have had great success with some tifs (converted from the raw) using render/lighting effects and spotlights for a few magnificent portraits but for the life of me I can’t find anything different about the properties or photoshop setup between the ones that work and the ones that don’t.

I have only had the CS version of Photoshop for a few weeks but I have had much experience with older versions of the application over the last six years.

OS is XP Professional
CPU is Intel 1005 MHz
Ram is 512 Megs
Hard drive 40 Gig 85 % free
Scratch disk–Second 12 gig hard drive 95% free.

I hope the fix is as easy as a few clicks of my mouse

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TD
Thomas_Durham
Jun 15, 2004
Go to image-mode and check to see if they are 16 bit. Change to 8 bit and all filters should work. Cheers Tom
PM
peter_mchugh
Jun 16, 2004
Thank you Tom. Don’t know why some were 16 bit
and others 8 (I hadn’t noticed that) but the
problem is now solved solved. Thanks again

Cheers
Peter

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections