Richard_Beaubien
Apr 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I never installed the beta

I have CS2 installed

I downloaded the CS3 upgrade (this afternoon)

I cannot install CS3

I doubleclick on Setup.exe

The intializing CS3 window starts

I very briefly see the setup window. Then installation dies. (Yes I’ve turned off my antivirus programs and any other resident items)

If I start the Control Panel I can see a CS3 installation in Add & Remove Programs but I cannot remove it (I get a windows debug error)

Using the Administrative Tools, if I stop all services I still cannot get it installed. I even tried deleting any CS3 reference in REGEDIT

I thought maybe I had a corrupted file but no, the same file(s), albeit slowly, installed onto my tablet PC.

I called customer support and they have no clue.

I’m sure I can force this thing to install but I’m missing something.

Anyone?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Joseph_Hatfield
Apr 17, 2007
Mr. Beaubien,

I also have have a problem installing Photoshop CS3 on my AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+ machine.

After downloading the update and extracting the downloaded files, I run the the setup.exe and almost immediately get a dialog box reporting the following error message:

—————————
Setup Error
—————————
Setup has encountered an error and cannot continue. Contact Adobe Customer Support for assistance.

Internal Error 2739.
—————————
OK
—————————

I eliminated the problem by opening a command prompt with Run as Administrator and entering the command:

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\jscript.dll

….Joe Hatfield
RB
Richard_Beaubien
Apr 17, 2007
Thanks for the tip Joe but it did not work. Hopefully someone else will see this problem.

–Rich
BL
Brian_Loss
Apr 17, 2007
I am seeing this problem as well on Vista (64 bit). I called Adobe customer service and was told that 64 bit os are not supported, so they refused to help. Hopefully someone will see this on a 32 bit os and we can get some support.
BL
Brian_Loss
Apr 18, 2007
Just to follow up, I was able to get the install going by following the instructions here: < http://davidgardiner.blogspot.com/2007/02/internal-error-273 9-on-vista-x64.html>

It’s basically the same as the tip above, but you register C:\Windows\SysWow64\jscript.dll instead of C:\Windows\system32\jscript.dll
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 18, 2007
Adobe customer service seriously said that 64bit OS are not supported??!!
BS
Bert_Stanfield
Apr 18, 2007
Richard,

I have verbatim the same problem. I did have cs3 beta and cleaned it out using add/remove and purged the registry for any leftovers.

If I re-install Beta, no problem.

I dont understand why support does not look at the install logs that cs3 writes. I dont think its a beta issue. If the Beta installer works, there is no reason for this one not to.
Hopefully they will find the bug soon. In the meantime, the upgrade price is a tough pill to swallow
BL
Brian_Loss
Apr 18, 2007
Yeah, they said 64 bit OS is not "officially" supported. (The product page says "certified for 32-bit editions" in the system requirements section.) They didn’t say it wouldn’t work or anything, but refused to open up any kind of support case when I described the problem. They directed me here to the forums and that was all the help they were willing to provide.

I asked if they had a time line for 64 bit support and the rep I spoke with had no knowledge either way.
RB
Richard_Beaubien
Apr 18, 2007
I guess I should mention that my problem is not with Vista but XP.

–Rich
PE
Paul_Escobar
Apr 27, 2007
Hi, Rich…
I have the EXACT same problem.
Anytime I try to run the CS3 installer…it crashes.
The setup screen shows up for a second…then it disappears.

I ran every registry cleaner, CS3 Beta/all versions cleaner, and crap-cleaner I could find.

Still…
Windows gives me the error window, saying it has to exit. In one of the fields, I see there’s something wrong with "setup.exe".

I ran the same setup with my laptop, and the installer worked. So why won’t it work on my PC?

I have an Athlon XP processor, and it has more RAM than my Laptop. This is really strange.
B
bladecs
May 2, 2007
have the same problem… 🙁 win xp with SP2 & athlon XP 2800+ (32 bit)
DM
dave_milbut
May 2, 2007
several people have reported success by doing a repair install of xp (it’s an option when you boot to the xp setup disk).

after the installation repairs, redownload the xp updates from windows update website.

then install photoshop.
B
bladecs
May 5, 2007
another solution?
DM
dave_milbut
May 5, 2007
another solution?

have you read all the other threads on the issue? there are at least 5 separate solutions floating around…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections