Posted By
Joy_M
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

I have PE2 for windows, using XP and Internet Explorer. When I click on Help, nothing happens. I followed the recommended steps for those using AOL as the browser. I removed the Web folder from Common Files>Adobe. All programs have been updated. That includes XP service pack 1, Adobe Update, Respect EXIF Color Space. (Web folder reappeared when registry updated as expected).

I had to resort to saving C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\Help\help.html in my browser Favorite list to open Help. This works, but it’s annoying. Some file somewhere is still corrupted. Any further fixes?

Incidentally, Richard Lynch is working on a new action for adding type controls for things like leading and tracking to his Hidden Power collection of action tools for PE. Check out www.hiddenelements.com. People like him and Ling Nero at www.geocities.com/rnlnero/PE2stuff2.html are making PE2 a great little program.

Joy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MO
mike.osullivan3
Jun 29, 2004
wrote in message
Hello all,

I have PE2 for windows, using XP and Internet Explorer. When I click on
Help, nothing happens. I followed the recommended steps for those using AOL as the browser. I removed the Web folder from Common Files>Adobe. All programs have been updated. That includes XP service pack 1, Adobe Update, Respect EXIF Color Space. (Web folder reappeared when registry updated as expected).
I had to resort to saving C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements
2\Help\help.html in my browser Favorite list to open Help. This works, but it’s annoying. Some file somewhere is still corrupted. Any further fixes?

That’s a good tip. I have exactly the same problem. I posted a request for help on the 24th June but didn’t get any response. Have you tried re-installing PE2? I was thinking of trying this but haven’t done it yet.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections