SM
Posted By
Stevie_Mac
Jun 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just bought an all in 1 Printer scanner Canon MP600R < http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000I503CW/202-5890 797-9973457>
Im using Photoshop cs2 on a duel xeon 1Gb RAM on windows XP

After i set it all up & it was working fine i tried to scan a pencil drawing at 300dpi in colour,this worked fine & the scan was ok.

When i tried to use image/adjustments/levels to get rid of the paper colour so i could only see the pencil lines on the page, the preview looked just as i wanted it to but when i click ‘OK’ the adjustment is only 20% done!

I’ve tried a few ways of doing the above & the same happens using adjustment layers too even if i have 20 layers of work on top then collapse the PSD the paper BG/colour still comes back! Even if i save as Jpeg or tga or bmp the adjustments wont fully work! However if i use a scan from my old scanner the adjustments work fine.

After i have no hair left to pull out i’ve found if i reduce the Dpi to 72 all adjustments work! So has anyone had this problem? i’ve spoken to Cannon & they’ve told me to talk to Adobe. I think somehow the scanner is embedding something in the file.

Any ideas or help would be great?

Thanks

Steve

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 11, 2007
How many bits per channel? Are you viewing at 100%?
SM
Stevie_Mac
Jun 11, 2007
The standard scan with no adjustments to the setup puts the output file to 8bit.

Hmm nnot sure what u mean by viewing 100% but im adjusting it so i can see the whole image. Looking at what u said about the 100% it does make a difference doing the adjustment when zoomed in but surely if the preview looks fine when zoomed out when aplied it should still work.
B
Bernie
Jun 11, 2007
Look at the top of the image window.

There is a percentage there, indicating your view

Viewing at 100% is the only way to see all the details of an image
SM
Stevie_Mac
Jun 11, 2007
Then its 25%, what are you trying to say then?
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 11, 2007
the only reliable view is 100%. view at 100% and see if your adjustments are there.
SM
Stevie_Mac
Jun 11, 2007
Well the adjustments are working i guess, when aplied it’s not changing whats in the preview window. However i’m still not removeing the paper colour in the BG & when zoomed out its still not removed the paper texture etc.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 11, 2007
It may look as if you have removed the texture but the only way to judge if it’s really gone is at 100%.

What you see otherwise is just an approximation.
SM
Stevie_Mac
Jun 11, 2007
Ah ok well that helps a lot guys, i guess i’m just used to a crap scanner that never picked up so much detail!

Still a pain but I’ll work around it i guess.

Thanks again

Steve

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections