Posted By
adrian yee
Aug 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello forum,

First let me qualify this by saying I am a long term mac user forced to use a pc in a new job. I am trying to ‘save as’ a dcs file with no success and wonder if it is just a pc problem. I am currently using PS7 and xp.

The is the process i am having problems with is as follows-
1. convert image to greyscale.
2. select: Image – mode – duotone.
3. apply spot colours and curves to each duotone channel in: Doutone options.
4. File – save as. (problem)

The file then seems to partially freeze as if it is completing the task but nothing happens. I have waited up to twenty minutes, checked task manager but still nothing.

However, if I ‘save as’ after converting the image to duotone but before adding the spot colour details it allows me to specify DCS, 8bit preview and ascii. Then when I open this greyscale dcs file and apply spot colour info PS7 will only allow me to save as an eps. I placed this eps into indesign and the spot colour info appeared in the indesign colour pallette suggesting that this file is ok. But why cant I ‘save as’ a dcs file after designating spot colours?
Please help, I am looking at a print run of 12,000 so I cant afford to stuff this up.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Aug 25, 2003
I’ve always saved my duotones as eps files, there is no option to save as DCS. I thought DCS was for multichannel images.

Can you clarify your file saving process? I’m not clear on howing you’re getting into DCS format.
AY
adrian yee
Aug 25, 2003
I convert my image to greyscale then duotone. Before applying spot colours I ‘save as’ which gives me the option of dcs 1 and dcs 2 and all the other file types. I select dcs 2 which then brings up another window with the 8bit and other dcs options. My question is why I cant get to this option after applying spot colours in the ‘duotone options’ window?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections