BL
Posted By
Brian_Lake
Jan 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a set of specific actions on one of my macs that I have saved to the network.

When loading the actions onto another computer a few specific commands are being innacurate from the actions I saved. To be specific: (we’ll call the good actions "Source" and the bad actions that I load "Destination")

On the source computer, I have a save command with the options being that it doesn’t save as a copy and where the save destination would be it says "File or Folder not found." I don’t know how the user got it to be this, but it has to stay this way so I don’t get an error and the dialog box will default to the last place a saved a file. This is how I MUST have it be! However, when I load the actions to the "Destination", that part that should list "File or Folder not found" ends up being blank. This produces an error and will not run the action like I need it to!

So my question is how do I fix my problem with loading an inaccurate set of actions or better yet, how do I produce that exact same action with those options.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 25, 2007
I would NOT save the Actions on the network’ except as a backup. Save them locally. I assume your copy of Photoshop is on your computer, right? Please tell me you are not working over a network. Save Actions to the Presets>Photoshop Actions folder for easiest loading.
BL
Brian_Lake
Jan 25, 2007
no no I’m simply using the network to transfer the actions from one computer to the other. I get the impression Photoshop is trying to be adaptive and correct the action?

maybe there’s another method of doing this. What my end result needs to be is this:

I need a save action that will save a JPG in the most recent folder I’ve saved a file. I need the action to NOT save as a copy (so it can run the close action immediatly after) and I need the dialog box to come up so I can change the name accordingly. Does that make any sense?
CS
Carl_Stawicki
Jan 25, 2007
I think I’m interpreting the problem correctly.

When you recorded the action on the source, it ‘hard coded’ the save location path. When you run the action on the destination, it needs to find the exact path of the original save location, otherwise you get the "File or Folder not found." This will happen if the source and destination Macs have different hard drive names, of if the save-to folder hasn’t been set right prior to running the action.

Carl.
BL
Brian_Lake
Jan 25, 2007
It appears that by having the IN property as "File or folder not found", I don’t receive that error popup and it just opens the save dialog box to where the last file was saved. However on the Destination computer the IN property is listed blank and gives me the popup error of "file or folder not found" and will not continue to the save dialog.

Ok so how do I "glitch" photoshop so the action will list "File or Folder not found" where the IN property is?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections