KS
Posted By
Ken_Storch_(aka_photon)
Apr 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
1- I can’t get the default space>hyphen setting to be space>underscore. I’ve unchecked UNIX, trashed prefs, rebooted, resaved settings, etc.

2- I cannot save certain files as anything but a .gif
They are 8bit RGB, without or with alpha channels, layered or flat, previously saved or not, from .psd, or .tif.
Other files save just fine, in the same session.
If a file refuses to SFW then it never does. If I flatten, copy all, and paste into a new documant it’ll SFW.

PSCS, W2K SP 4, dual Plll Xeons 550mhz, 2048 built-in memory, Memory used 55%, 1666mb free, Memory Available 1778, lots o’ scratch space.

Thanks for help,
Ken Storch

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Apr 17, 2004
Ken,

1- I can’t get the default space>hyphen setting to be space>underscore.<<

S4W settings >File Saving>Click on ‘Hyphen’ and select Underscore.

Are you saying that it is not ‘sticking’ ? Have you tried deleting the S4W prefs in:

\documents and settings\~username\application data\Adobe\Save for Web\8.0\ ?

2- I cannot save certain files as anything but a .gif<<

Not a clue, sorry
KS
Ken_Storch_(aka_photon)
Apr 17, 2004
Hi Len, thanks for the response.

No, the settings are not sticking.
I had only trashed PS prefs, and the SWF prefs upon it’s loading. I’ll seek and destroy the ones you mentioned.
(my forum search on this topic didn’t bring that up. thanks!)

Ken

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections